A 80 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE MARINE AND NAVY INDUSTRY
Created in 1934 to develop engine suspensions, Paulstra is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of technical rubber products. In 1974, Paulstra became a member of the Hutchinson Group integrated by the TOTAL group the same year.
Through Research and Development, Paulstra demonstrates its expertise in solving noise and vibration control problems for the most severe environmental conditions.
OUR MISSION : ACOUSTICS AND VIBRATION MANAGEMENT
To meet technical and operational Navy requirements, Hutchinson has developed a specific product range and has increased the fields of their applications covering the most advanced needs in these domains :
● passive isolation generated by on board equipment like turbo-alternators, diesel engines, pumps, torpedoes…
● noise isolation of the hydrofoils
● acoustic protection of sea water pipework and components against the effects of severe vibration generated under normal operating conditions, or resulting from exceptional external phenomena
● shock protection by a range of elastomeric mounts specially designed to meet the most severe requirements
● active isolation of the most sensitive equipment
● nuclear or conventional submarines
● surface war ships such as frigates, patrol ships, anti-submarine vessels and minesweepers…
● Active noise & vibration control to manage the underwater radiated noises and to improve onboard comfort.
60 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE DEFENSE INDUSTRY
For more than 60 years, our defense and industry division has developed significant experience in the design and manufacture of a full range of products for the defense industry.
We develop or adapt existing products to respond to the strict requirements of military technical specifications.
The products manufactured are adapted to the constraints of all-terrain driving at the same time as retaining highly acceptable vibration and acoustic comfort in on-road conditions.
The solutions proposed can combine different technologies : high elastomeric temperature, metallic and hydraulic cushions, cable-damper systems - thereby complying with the highest technical requirements of applicable standards.
With strong technical knowledge and innovative support from HUTCHINSON Research Center, our customers benefit from an experienced team of engineers and designers who develop customized solutions for demanding applications.
Our capabilities include CAD Design (Autocad and Catia V5), Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and modelling, laboratory material for development of new compounds, static and dynamic testing facilities.
Project management begins with the study of a customer’s specification through our compliance matrixes and dedicated planning.
We are able to propose innovative technical solutions in terms of suspensions for armoured cabs, power trains, electronic and optronic or on-board communication equipment.
Our projects run through the conventional project milestones : preliminary design review (PDR), critical design review (CDR) and first article inspection (FAI).
When requested, we also supply literature packages including risk management plans, structural analyses, weight analyses, FAI report qualification test reports, maintenance documentation, etc.
OUR ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING CAPABILITIES
- Modern Research Center: the most powerful scientific computation and numerical simulation center in Europe,
- System analysis (Abaqus, ARC3D, Sysnoise, Paulstrasoft),
- Dedicated technical assistance,
- Integrated electronic, acoustics, mechanical and material engineering skills,
- Dynamic testing facilities (multi-axes test rigs, electrodynamic and hydraulic shakers),
- Mixing of specialty elastomers,
- Wire mesh and cable mounts assembly lines,
- Actuators, sensors and controllers for active systems,
- Wide range of capacities,
- In-house manufacturing of cable mounts,
- Field assistance (testing, installation, survey),
- Expertise in acoustics.
A POWERFUL MANUFACTURING CAPABILITY
Hutchinson provides you a diversified manufacturing facility suitable for all your projects.
We have full manufacturing resources notably with :
● Specialised or high capacity compounding
● A range of 150 presses up to 4,000 tonnes capacity
● A vulcanisation clean room
● Metal mounting fabrication
● Environment controlled inspection and measuring rooms
● Dynamic and environmental testing laboratories.
● Active technology dedicated team (design, electronic, hardware and software capabilities, metal forming).
OUTSTANDING DESIGN AND TEST CAPABILITIES
As soon as they know your requirements, our engineers are in a position to define the problem and specify the optimum, most cost effective technical solution.
This approach requires the latest design tools and performance simulation using empirical data from finished parts, and on validation by laboratory testing.